We help children participate in day-to-day life by helping them adapt to the challenges caused by their illness, developmental delay or disability.
Occupational therapists aim to enhance, enable and empower young people’s participation in daily tasks by helping them adapt to the challenges they face as a result of illness, developmental delay or disability.
An occupational therapist will:
- Assess your child's abilities and potential within the context of your family, physical and psychosocial environment
- Enable your child to maintain a balance and maximise their participation in daily activities including self-care, school related tasks and leisure time
- Find ways to overcome barriers to participation in daily activities
- Use activity as a therapeutic tool
- Adapt the environment to maximise your child's ability to engage in activities
- Adapt the activity to permit your child to participate
Conditions we treat
- Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT)
- Neurology and neurosurgery
- Transitional Care Unit
Refer your child for treatment
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.