The Dietetics department at Great Ormond Street Hospital works with children and their families who have a condition for which nutrition and special diets can be used as treatment.
We assess children carefully, to identify the most appropriate dietary management. Then we develop a treatment plan and explain it to the patient and their parent, providing advice on how to carry out the plan at home. We then monitor the child's growth and development, to ensure that the prescribed diet meets their needs.
Dieticians are available to see children as outpatients in Caterpillar outpatients.
Conditions we treat
- Cystic fibrosis, respiratory and intensive care
- Haematology and oncology,and bone marrow transplant (BMT)
- Immunology and infectious diseases
- Neurodisability, neuromuscular, neurosurgery, neurology and ketogenic diet for epilepsy
- Surgery, orthopaedics and urology
- Metabolic medicine
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT), cleft palate, plastic surgery, craniofacial, dental and maxillofacial surgery
- Rheumatology and dermatology (including epidermolysis bullosa)
Refer your child for treatment
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.