The Gastroenterology department is recognised as a leading centre of advanced paediatric gastrointestinal medicine, clinical research and teaching. We are committed to translating excellence in research and teaching into high quality patient-focused medical and nursing care, and to further understanding of the cause, development and treatment of gastro-intestinal (GI) disorders in children.
The department has close links to the Paediatric Surgery department, the Dietetic and Pharmacy departments and the Immunology and Bone Marrow Transplant Unit.
Conditions we treat
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-obstruction
- Short bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Failure to thrive/faltering growth
- Tufting enteropathy
- Microvillis atrophy
- Gastrointestinal failure/small bowel transplant
- Congenital gastrointestinal disorders
- Cyclical vomiting
- Hirschsprung’s disease
- Shwachman Diamond syndrome
- Gastrointestinal food allergy
- Pancreatic disorders
Refer your child for treatment
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.