- MD 2000
- RCPH 2004
- CCT Paediatric Oncology 2015
- PhD 2016
- Cancer genetics and the use of targeted therapy including molecules and gene therapy with translation into early clinical trials
- Interested in techniques towards personalised medicine
- Circulation tumour DNA as a method for assessing response to treatment, disease progression in solid tumours
- Developing a strategy for measuring minimal residual disease (MRD) in solid tumours
- PhD thesis on targeted therapy for chordoma, a rare tumour affecting patients at all ages including very young children
News & Publications
Scheipl, S., Barnard, M., Cottone, L., Jorgensen, M., Drewry, D. H., Zuercher, W. J., et al. 2016. EGFR inhibitors Identified as a Potential Treatment for Chordoma in a Focused Compound Screen. The Journal of Pathology.
Fischer, C., Scheipl, S., Zopf, A., Niklas, N., Deutsch, A., Jorgensen, M., et al. 2015. Mutation Analysis of Nine Chordoma Specimens by Targeted Next-Generation Cancer Panel Sequencing. Journal of Cancer. 6(10) pp. 984-989.
Scheipl, S., Moinfar, F., Leithner, A., Sadoghi, P., Jorgensen, M., Rinner, B., & Liegl, B. 2014. Tumour-to-tumour metastasis: male breast carcinoma metastasis arising in an extrapleural solitary fibrous tumour a case report. Diagnostic Pathology. 9(1) p. 203.
Jorgensen, M., Shankar, A., Aabideen, Z, Cheng, D., Goulden, N., Vora, A., et al. 2012. The role of routine surveillance for silent central nervous system relapse in children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. British Journal of Haematology. 159(3) pp 368-370.
Jorgensen, M., Bate, J., Gatscher, S., & Chisholm, J. C. 2010. Invasive pneumococcal disease following treatment for choroid plexus carcinoma. Supportive Care in Cancer: Official Journal of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer. 18(5), pp. 647—650.
Refer your child to Dr Mette Jorgensen
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.