Mr Martin Tisdall is a consultant paediatric neurosurgeon at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and an honorary senior lecturer at the Institute of Child Health, UCL. He has worked at GOSH since 2013 and he is the lead surgeon for the Children’s Epilepsy Surgery Service and the surgical lead for traumatic brain injury. He specialises in paediatric epilepsy surgery and traumatic brain injuries. His principal research interests include clinical outcomes from epilepsy surgery, imaging techniques for presurgical assessment of children with epilepsy, near-infrared spectroscopy and multimodality monitoring of cerebral haemodynamics and metabolism.
• Neurosurgical lead for epilepsy surgery. Special interest in the neurosurgical management of paediatric epilepsy.
• Neurosurgical lead for traumatic brain injury
• Stereotactic neurosurgery and advanced neuroimaging
• MD from University of London studying multimodal monitoring of traumatic brain injury
• Neuro-intensive care fellowship, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London
• Paediatric neurosurgical fellowships, Great Ormond Street Hospital and The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
• FRCS(SN) Royal College of Surgeons of England
• Royal College of Surgeons of England
• Society of British Neurosurgeons
• International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgeons
• American Epilepsy Society
• International League Against Epilepsy
• Paediatric Epilepsy Surgery Outcomes
• Advanced Imaging Modalities
• Near infrared Spectroscopy
News & Publications
Martin Tisdall has written numerous publications including:
Nowell, M., Sparks, R., Zombori, G., Miserocchi, A., Rodionov, R., Diehl, B., Wehner, T., Baio, G., Trevisi, G., Tisdall, M., Ourselin, S., McEvoy, A.W., Duncan, J., 2015.Comparison of computer-assisted planning and manual planning for depth electrode implantations in epilepsy. J Neurosurg . 4 pp.1-9.
Tisdall, M.M., Hatward, R.D., Thompson, D.N.P., 2015. Congenital spinal dermal tract: how accurate is clinical and radiological evaluation? J Neurosurg Pediatr . 15 pp. 651-6.
Tisdall, M.M., Thompson, D.N.P., In Press. Spinal dermal sinus tract: a review of 73 cases. JNS peds.
Papandreou, A., Tisdall, M.M., Chong, W.K., Cross, J.H., Harkness, W.F., Varadkar, S.M., 2014.COL4A1 mutations should not be a contraindication for epilepsy surgery.Childs Nerv Syst. 30 pp.1467-9.
Tisdall, M.M., James, G., Thompson, D.N.P., In Press. Management of lumbosacral lipomas in childhood’ in Challenging concepts in neurosurgery: a case based approach Oxford: Oxford University Press. In Press.
Moroz, T., Banaji, M., Tisdall, M., Cooper, C.E., Elwell, C.E., 2012. Tachtsidis I.Development of a model to aid NIRS data interpretation: results from a hypercapnia study in healthy adults. Adv Exp Med Biol. 737 pp. 293-300.
Tisdall, M., Redjak, K., Kitchen, N.D., Smith, M., Petzold, A., 2011. The prognostic value of brain extracellular fluid nitric oxide metabolite after traumatic brain injury. Neurocrit Care 10.
Payne, S.J., Mohammed, J., Tisdall, M.M., Tachtsidis, I., 2011. Effects of arterial blood gas levels on cerebral blood flow and oxygen transport. Biomed Opt Express 2 pp. 966-79.
Petzold, A., Tisdall, M.M., Girbes, A.R., Martinian, L., Thom, M., Kitchen, N., Smith, M., 2011. In vivo monitoring of neuronal loss in traumatic brain injury: a microdialysis study. Brain 134 pp. 464-83.
Refer your child to Mr Martin Tisdall
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.
Mr Martin Tisdall Details
Share Mr Martin Tisdall profile with someone: