Professor Michael Burch was appointed a consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) in 2001. He is now the Head of the Cardiology Department and a Professor of Cardiology with University College London.
Until 2015, Professor Burch spent seven years as the Associate Editor and Correspondence Editor of the journal Heart BMJ. He is a hospital inspector for the Care Quality Commission and a member of NHS BT Cardiothoracic Advisory Group, as well as the Secretary of the British Congenital Cardiovascular Association.
“I am honoured to lead a team of cardiologists that are so committed and dedicated to their patients and who have such high standards. There is no other hospital I would rather work in.”
• Heart murmurs
• Chest pains
• Congenital heart disease
• Expert witness in medico-legal cases
• Paediatric heart failure
• Heart transplantation and mechanical support
• Bachelor of Medicine
• Bachelor of Surgery
• Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
• Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
• British Medical Association
• British Cardiovascular Society.
• Member of the International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation
• Member of the International Paediatric Transplantation Society
• Secretary of the British Congenital Cardiac Association
• Member of the NHS BT Cardiothoracic Advisory Group
• An Inspector for the Care Quality Commission for the NHS
• Completed the first randomised study into stem cell therapy in heart disease in children
• He currently has 2 PhD students and has active grants from the European Union and GOSH charity
• On 3 advisory boards for international drug development and has been an advisor to the European Medicines Agency
Refer your child to Prof Michael Burch
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.