- Burns intensive care medicine
- Patient safety and operational risk on the paediatric and neonatal intensive care units (PICU/NICU)
- Thermal injuries and medical skin loss conditions in paediatric patients
- Medical Education – Dr Burrows is an Advanced Paediatric Life Support (APLS) Instructor, Paediatric BASIC (PICU) Course Instructor, and an accredited Medical Clinical and Educational Supervisor
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) – St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of London (2001)
- Bachelor Science (BSc) in Clinical Infection with Basic Medical and Clinical Sciences - Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, University of London (2000)
- Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPCH) (2005)
- Member of the Paediatric Intensive Care Society UK, European Society of Paediatric Neonatal Intensive Care, European Society of Intensive Care Medicine, and the British Medical Society.
- Fluid resuscitation in children with burns
- Patient- and team-related factors on stabilization time during paediatric intensive care transport
News & Publications
Bangalore Harish, Borrows Emma, Martin Niall: Early use of albumin in children with extensive burns; Quantifying fluid requirement. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2016; 17 (10): 1018-1019
Ramnarayan P, Borrows EL, Montgomery M, Lutman D, Petros A: Factors that influence stabilization times in children requiring transport. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2011; 12 (2): 242-243
Borrows EL, Lutman DH, Montgomery MA, et al: Effect of patient- and team-related factors on stabilization time during pediatric intensive care transport. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2010; 11:451-456
Refer your child to Dr Emma L Borrows
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.