Full Referral Form
Our aim is to make the referral process as smooth as possible for you and ensure your child/patient receives the appropriate care they need.
We have a dedicated English and Arabic speaking referral team who are available from Monday to Friday, 8.30am-6pm to ensure an efficient referral process.
To enable us to provide a timely and efficient response, we ask you to provide us with an up-to-date medical report and as much information about the child as possible before they travel. We can then ensure all necessary planning is in place and their stay here at Great Ormond Street Hospital is a positive experience.
Our referral standards
We are committed to providing you with a reliable and efficient service and responding to your referral within two working days.
Our responsibilities to you are to:
- Manage general referrals and other enquiries, and forward the referral or enquiry to the appropriate consultant/secretary for review within one working day.
- Acknowledge receipt within two hours of a referral.
- Provide an outpatient appointment as soon as an agreeable date is confirmed with the referrer and the consultant's secretary, and to arrange an inpatient admission as soon as possible following the decision to admit.
- Register the patient and record all relevant administrative and clinical information onto the hospital system.
- Ensure that appropriate funding/letters of authorisation of treatment are sought and received prior to admission/treatment.
If you wish to refer your patients to Great Ormond Street Hospital, please complete the online referral form below.
Once received, we promise we will be in touch within two working days.
Alternatively, please fax or send any correspondence to the address below.
You can also download the International and Private Patients registration form and mail, fax or email your request and a copy of a recent medical report to Great Ormond Street Hospital International and Private Patients Service.
Please make sure that all records are complete, in English and include all relevant scans, X-rays and test results.
If you require more information please contact our team who will be happy to help:
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children
International and Private Patients Service
The Harris International Patient Centre
The Octav Botnar Wing
Great Ormond Street
London WC1N 3JH
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7762 6822
Fax: +44 (0)20 7762 6743