Having qualified in medicine from St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School, London in 1983, Professor Paul Veys undertook his Haematology and Blood and Marrow Transplant training at the Royal London Hospital London (1986-1988), Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine (1989-1991), Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) (1989-1991) and the Hospital for Sick Children Toronto, Canada (1993-1994).
Professor Veys has been the Director of the Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) unit at GOSH since 1994.
All aspects of paediatric BMT
- BMT for primary immunodeficiencies and immunoregulatory disorders
- Reduced intensity BMT in paediatric diseases
- Immune reconstitution post Cord Blood Transplantation
- Universal CAR T-cell therapy
- Qualified in medicine from St Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School in London
- Trained in haematology and blood and marrow transplant at the Royal London Hospital London, Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, GOSH and the Hospital for Sick Children Toronto, Canada
- Honorary Clinical Professor UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (2013 to date)
- Chair of Children and Young Person’s Pan Thames Blood and Marrow Transplant group (2004 – 2013)
- Chair of Immune Deficiencies and Inborn Errors of Metabolism Working Committee, Centre for International blood and Marrow Transplant Research (2008 – 2013)
- Chairman of United Kingdom’s Children’s Cancer Blood and Marrow Transplant Group
- Co-Chair 2015 Tandem / meeting San Diego (2015)
News & Publications
Author of 17 book contributions, more than 200 peer-reviewed papers, and in receipt of over £6.5 million of research grant income.
Qasim W, Zhan H, Samarasinghe S, Adams S, Amrolia P, Stafford S, Butler K, Rivat C, Wright G, Somana K, Ghorashian S, Pinner D, Ahsan G, Gilmour K, Lucchini G, Inglott S, Mifsud W, Chiesa R, Peggs KS, Chan L, Farzeneh F, Thrasher AJ, Vora A, Pule M, Veys P. Molecular remission of infant B-ALL after infusion of universal TALEN gene-edited CAR T cells. Sci Transl Med. 2017 Jan (Impact Factor 17.796)
Hiwarkar P, Qasim W, Ricciardelli I, Gilmour K, Quezada S, Saudemont A, Amrolia P, Veys P. Cord blood T cells mediate enhanced antitumor effects compared with adult peripheral blood T cells. Blood. 2015 Dec 24;126(26):2882-91. (Impact Fator 13.164)
Veys, P., Wynn, R. F., Ahn, K. W., Samarasinghe, S., He, W., Bonney, D., Craddock, J., Cornish, J., Davies, S.M., Dvorak, C.C., Duerst, R.E., Gross, T.G., Kapoor, N., Kitko, C., Krance, R.A., Leung, W., Lewis, V.A., Steward, C., Wagner, J.E,. Carpenter, P.A., Eapen, M. (2012). Impact of immune modulation with in vivo T-cell depletion and myleoablative total body irradiation conditioning on outcomes after unrelated donor transplantation for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Blood, 119(25), 6155-6161. [Impact factor 13.164]
Straathof, K. C., Rao, K., Eyrich, M., Hale, G., Bird, P., Berrie, E., Brown, L., Adams, S., Schlegel, P.G., Goulden, N., Gaspar, H.B., Gennery, A.R., Landais, P., Davies, E.G., Brenner, M.K., Veys, P.A., Amrolia, P. J. (2009). Haemopoietic stem-cell transplantation with antibody-based minimal-intensity conditioning: a phase 1/2 study. The Lancet, 374(9693), 912-920. (Joint senior author) [Impact factor 44.002]
Refer your child to Prof Paul Veys
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.
Prof Paul Veys Details
Share Prof Paul Veys profile with someone: