• Paediatric anaesthesia
• Acute and chronic pain management
• Completed training in anaesthesia and pain medicine from University of Melbourne and the University of Sydney, Australia
• Fellow of Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
• Foundation Diplomate, Faculty of Pain Medicine (ANZCA)
• PhD University of Sydney
• MSc in Neuroscience with distinction from University College London
• Chair of the Scientific Committee of the Association of Paediatric Anaesthetists, Great Britain and Ireland (APAGBI)
• Represents the APAGBI on the National Institute of Academic Anaesthesia Scientific Council
• Local Educational Supervisor for Advanced Pain Training at GOSH
Suellen Walker is the Research Lead for Pain in the Respiratory, Critical Care and Anaesthesia section at the UCL Institute of Child Health.
• Evaluate age-related changes in pain response
• Long-term effects of early pain and injury
• Developmental pharmacodynamics of analgesic drugs
News & Publications
Suellen Walker has written several publications including:
Walker, S. M., 2014. Overview of neurodevelopment and pain research, possible treatment targets. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 28(20 pp. 213-228.
Walker, S. M., 2014. Neonatal pain. Paediatr Anaesth. 24(1) pp. 39-48.
Howard, R. F., Wiener, S., Walker, S. M., 2014. Neuropathic pain in children. Arch Dis Child. 99(1) pp. 84-9.
Walker, S. M., 2013. Biological and neurodevelopmental implications of neonatal pain. Clin perinatal. 40(3) pp. 471-91.
Fitzgerald, M., Walker, S.M., 2009. Infant pain management: a developmental neurobiological approach. Nat Clin Pract Neurol. 5(1) pp. 35-40.
Refer your child to Dr Suellen Walker
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.
Dr Suellen Walker Details
Share Dr Suellen Walker profile with someone: