Dr Jan-Sher Bhatti offers support to children and young people who are experiencing a range of psychological and emotional challenges, including anxiety, stress, low mood, anger management difficulties and interpersonal issues. He also supports those struggling to adjust to or manage a physical health condition; as well as psychological issues related to visible differences.
Dr Jan-Sher Bhatti also provides assistance to parents that might support the parent-child relationship and family experiences. For example, with managing challenging behaviour or children's anxiety and low mood.
- Providing psychological assessment for children and families in distress
- Offer targeted and individualised therapeutic interventions for a broad range of presenting concerns, using a number of evidence based approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy, mindfulness based CBT, and motivational interviewing and solution-focused techniques
- Work with the support systems around the child to build resilience and enhance emotional wellbeing. For example, medical teams, families, schools, and community and social services
- Awareness and understanding of mental health issues and physical health challenges, including dermatological conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and birth marks
- An awareness of working affectively with diverse populations; including how social, cultural and spiritual processes may affect the way that people develop and experience psychological problems, and how they approach help
- An ability to work effectively with interpreters
- Child mental health
- Parental mental health
- The influence of cultural and spiritual factors on mental health wellbeing
- Shame and stigma for accessing mental health support
- Human Psychology, BSc
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, DClinPsy
- PG Dip - Introduction to Eating Disorders: A Psychodynamic Approach
- Certified Webster-Stratton Incredible Years Parenting Group Leader
- Registration with Health and Care Professions Council
- Acculturation processes and the impact on psychological functioning
- Self-Compassion and shame
- Stigma and mental health support
- Mental Health Service Utilisation
Refer your child to Dr Jan-Sher Bhatti
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.