Professor Ajay Vora is honorary professor of paediatric haematology at University of Sheffield and consultant paediatric haematologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital. His daily practice involves the care of children with a variety of malignant and non-malignant blood disorders. He has a special interest in childhood leukaemia and cord blood transplantation. He is chair of the UK NCRI childhood leukaemia sub-group and I-BFM ALL committee. He is chief investigator of the current and previous front line childhood and infant ALL clinical trials and is involved with several research projects in this area. Until March 2017, he was programme director of the Trent Regional Paediatric Haemopoeitic Stem Cell transplant service.
He has taken a leading role in clinical trials in childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia and haemopoietic stem cell transplantation nationally and internationally. He is Chief Investigator of several national and international phase 3 clinical trials and Principal Investigator of over 20 trials. He has 150 peer reviewed publications and am editor of a book on childhood ALL.
Awards and recognitions:
- GG2 award for innovation 2003. GG2 awards recognise exceptional contributions by British Asians to the arts and sciences.
- Anthony Nolan Supports Award 2017 in recognition of services to bone marrow transplantation.
- Childhood Leukaemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Fellow of Royal College of Pathologists (UK)
- Fellow of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (UK)
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians (England)
- Chair of the International BFM Study Group ALL Committee
- Organising Committee member of the Ponte De Legno Childhood ALL consortium
• Chief Investigator of several trails in Childhood Leukaemia and Bone Marrow Transplantation
• New agent studies
• Total peer reviewed original articles: 135 - 70 since 2010
• Book editor: Childhood ALL (Springer 2017)
• Book chapters: 2
• Review articles: 5
بروفيسور Ajay Vora تفاصيل
Share بروفيسور Ajay Vora profile with someone: