Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (GOSH) treats children from around the world. Many of our patients come from the Gulf region so to support them we have established a regional office in Dubai to help children and families from the region being referred to GOSH.
The principal aims of our Gulf Office are to:
- Improve the quality of services provided to children and families referred to Great Ormond Street Hospital from the Gulf region.
- Develop the international business of the hospital to enable us to continue to improve and develop new services.
- Maintain and develop the profile of Great Ormond Street Hospital as the market leader of healthcare for children.
The regional office is there to help in a number of ways both before and after coming to GOSH:
Before travelling to Great Ormond Street Hospital
- Directly arranging appointments, investigations and admissions.
- Advising on any special requirements that need to be followed before investigations or treatment and answering any queries related to treatment.
- Advising on length of stay and supplying information and help with accommodation and transport to the hospital from the airport.
- Offering information and letters of support for obtaining visas for the UK.
- Supplying information and answering any general queries related to Great Ormond Street Hospital or staying in London.
On return to the Gulf
- Where relevant, ensuring that the referring hospital/doctor has received the medical report or discharge summary and information on ongoing care needs prior to the patient returning to the Gulf.
- Facilitating any special arrangements the patient needs related to obtaining equipment or medications.
- Maintaining contact with the family and following up any issues such as obtaining medical reports and outstanding results.
- Liaising with clinicians at Great Ormond Street Hospital for any follow-up clinical queries the family or referring doctor may have.
- Offering a feedback service for families through a customer satisfaction questionnaire; following up and feeding back on any issues arising from this.
The Gulf office supports GOSH’s visiting consultant programme, but is not a clinic and cannot refer patients to visiting GOSH consultants. Consultant work is carried out through partnerships with the Dubai Health Authority and is used to enhance services in Government hospitals. For more information on the visiting consultant programme click here.
The Gulf office staff can be contacted on the following numbers:
- Telephone: +971 4 3624722
- Fax: + 971 4 3624716
Or please email the staff at firstname.lastname@example.org