Mr Obiekezie Agu studied medicine in Nigeria, and trained in General Surgery and Vascular and Endovascular Surgery in London, on the North Thames Rotation and University College Hospitals.
Mr Agu is a regular speaker and trainer in endovascular techniques for aortic aneurysms and endovenous therapy. He is a member of the NHS London cardiovascular leadership advisory group and chairs the vascular advisory group.
- Keyhole endovascular techniques for treating blood vessels including aortic aneurysms, dissections, varicose veins, DVT, vascular malformations, swollen and painful legs with blocked arteries and veins and narrowed neck arteries preventing strokes.
- A specialist approach surgeon exposing and moving blood vessels around allowing other surgeons to safely reach and treat diseased organs in surgically remote locations
- Endovascular management of complex aortic disease
- MS (London) for work on the haemodynamic and histological changes in venous disease
- Fellow of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- Member of the International Society of Endovascular Surgeons
- Vascular genetics and malformations
- Multiscale computational modelling of cardiovascular diseases
- Endovascular repair and stenting of vascular pathologies
- Venous haemodynamic
News & Publications
Patel, S.D., Constantinou, J., Simring, D., Ramirez, M., Agu, O., Hamilton, H., Ivancev, K., 2015. Results of complex stent grafting of abdominal aortic aneurysms stratified according to the proximal landing zone using SVS classification. Journal of Vasc Surg. 62(2) pp. 319-25.
Harrison, S.C., Kalea, A. Z., Holmes, M.V., Agu, O., Humphries, S.E., 2012. Genomic research to identify novel pathways in the development of abdominal aortic aneurysm. Cardiology Research and Practice. 2012. 8 pages.
Harrison, S.C., Zabaneh, D., Asselbergs, F.W., Drenos, F., Jones, G.T., Shah, S., Gertow, K., Sennblad, B., Strawbridge, R.J., Gigante, B., Holewijn, S., De Graaf, J., Vermeulen, S., Folkersen, L., van Rij, A.M., Baldassarre, D., Veglia, F., Talmud, P.J., Deanfield, J.E., Agu, O., Kivimaki, M., Kumari, M., Bown, M.J., Nyyssönen, K., Rauramaa, R., Smit, A.J., Franco-Cereceda, A., Giral, P., Mannarino, E., Silveira, A., Syvänen, A.C., de Borst, G.J., van der Graaf, Y., de Faire, U., Baas, A.F., Blankensteijn, J,D., Wareham, N.J., Fowkes, G., Tzoulaki, I., Price, J.F., Tremoli, E., Hingorani, A.D., Eriksson, P., Hamsten, A., Humphries, S.E., 2013. A gene-centric study of common carotid artery re-modelling; Atherosclerosis. 226(2) pp.440-6.
Harrison, S.C., Agu, O., Harris, P.L., Ivancev, K., 2012. Elective sac perfusion to reduce the risk of neurological events following endovascular repair of thoracoabdominal aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 55(4) pp. 1202-5.
Agu, O., 2007, EMQs in Vascular Surgery. In: Syed, I and Keshtgar, M., ed. 2007. EMQs and Data Interpretation in Surgery. London: Hodder Arnold Health Sciences.
Agu, O., Hamilton, G., Baker, D. M., Dashwood, M., 2002. Endothelin receptors in the aetiology and pathophysiology of varicose veins, European Journal of Vascular & Endovascular Surgery 23(2) pp. 165-71.
Barker, S.G.E., Cooper, D.G., Ahmed, A., Agu, O., Challoner, E.J., Hollingsworth, S.J., 2001. The ‘Wound Boot’: A Preliminary Assessment of a Novel Device for the Management of Leg Ulcers, Phlebology 16(2) pp. 73-75.
Agu, O., Handa, A., Hamilton, G., Baker, D. M., 2000. DVT Prophylaxis: Audit of practice in general surgical patients in a teaching hospital, Phlebology 15(2) pp. 71-74.
Agu, O., Hamilton, G., Baker, D., 1999, Graduated compression stockings in the prevention of venous thromboembolism (review); British Journal of Surgery 86 (8) pp. 992-1004.
Anatomy & complications of femoral injecting, Educational DVD for Exchange Supplies & Harm Reduction Service, Dorchester, Dorset, UK.
Refer your child to Mr Obiekezie Agu
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.