The largest paediatric service of its kind in Europe, we perform around 3,600 procedures each year in state-of-the-art facilities.
The Interventional Radiology Service at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) offers a comprehensive range of interventional radiology procedures for children aged 0-16 years. The department is the largest paediatric interventional radiology service in Europe.
Currently, the service performs around 3,600 procedures per year. The tests and treatments we offer include central venous access, biopsy, oesophageal dilatation, airway intervention, feeding tube insertion, joint injections, angiography and embolisation, sclerotherapy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy and thrombolysis.
The service is equipped with the latest technology designed specifically for our paediatric patients and we have close research links with the Institute of Child Health as well as links with industry, so that the department is up to date with the latest research and technical advancements.
Conditions we treat
- Angiography and angioplasty
- Kidney biopsy
- Liver biopsy
- Bronchoscopy and airway intervention:
- Central venous access
- Insertion of central venous catheter
- Removal of cuffed central venous catheter
- Insertion of implantable port
- Removal of implantable port
- Insertion of peripherally inserted central venous catheter (PICC)
- Drainage or aspiration
- Endoscopic removal of kidney stones (percutaneous nephrolithomy (PCNL)
- Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT)
- Gastrostomy insertion
- Joint injections
- Oesophageal dilatation
- Salivary gland injections with botulinum toxin
- Bleomycin sclerotherapy
- Lymphatic sclerotherapy
- Orbital sclerotherapy
- Venous sclerotherapy
- Tendon sheath injections
- Thrombolysis and thrombectomy
Refer your child for treatment
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.