The Clinical Genetics department at Great Ormond Street Hospital provides genetic counselling for children and adults who have, or who may be at risk of, inheriting a genetic condition.
The department runs specialist clinics for multiple malformation and dysmorphic syndromes and for conditions where genetic testing can be used for carrier detection or prenatal diagnosis.
Conditions we treat
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Duchenne muscular dystrophy
- Fetal abnormalities
- Huntington disease
- Myotonic dystrophy
- Marfan syndrome
- congenital abnormalities
- childhood deafness
- developmental delay/learning disability
- chromosome abnormalities
- personal and/or family history of breast cancer/ovarian cancer
- personal and/or family history of bowel cancer
- personal and/or family history of paediatric cancers or unusual cancers
- personal and/or family history of endocrine tumours
- personal and/or family history of kidney tumours
Refer your child for treatment
Use the form below to refer your child for treatment. A member of our team will be in touch within 2 working days.